Matcha Lemon Protein Balls Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Food processor
- ¾ cup Raw cashews
- ¼ cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 5 Dates, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Matcha powder
- 1 scoop Vegan protein powder
- 1 tsp Ashwagandha or mushroom powder
- 1 Lemon zest
- 1 pinch Salt
- ¼ cup Hemp seeds
- 1Add all ingredients, except hemp seeds, to a food processor.
- 2Process until ingredients form a dough ball in your food processor.
- 3Roll the dough into 6-7 balls.
- 4Roll balls in hemp seeds to garnish if you’d like.·Store in the refrigerator in a Tupperware for up to 4-5 days.
Easy-t0-Make Matcha Protein Balls
It seems every brand on the market these days is trying to get into the protein bar space. In some stores, there’s even an entire aisle dedicated to convenience bars, a wide expanse of various colors, shapes, flavors, and hidden ingredients. It might not be obvious, but there’s a common thread between most protein bar options out there today: sugar.
Sugar can come in various names and forms so it’s easy for it to hide on a recipe label. But if you make your own protein bars, you can escape that shadiness altogether. For this recipe, I took one of my favorite flavor combinations of summer – matcha and lemon – and created chewy, rich protein balls with 8g of protein each. It’s like sinking your teeth into cookie dough with every bite, despite having no added sugar and packed with healthy fats!
If you prefer a nutty flavor, try this almond protein balls recipe!