Lemon Garlic Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles Recipe
- Deep Skillet
- 1 Small zucchini
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Garlic clove (minced)
- 120g Raw shrimp (peeled)
- ¼ tsp Sea salt
- ¼ tsp Chili flakes
- 2 tbsp Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- ¼ Avocado (sliced)
- 1 tsp Freshly cracked black pepper (optional)
- 1Spiralize the zucchini.
- 2Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- 3Add shrimp, salt and chili flakes. Cook shrimp for about 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- 4Add zucchini noodles, lemon juice, and parsley.·Stir well and heat up for about 1 minute, until the noodles are softened on the outside but still crunchy on the inside. Don’t overcook the zucchini.
- 5Remove from the heat, transfer to a plate, add sliced avocado.·If desired, decorate with more freshly chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Serve immediately.
Effortlessly Easy Keto Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles
If you thought making a delicious keto-friendly meal was time-consuming, think again! This delicious keto shrimp scampi is utterly painless to prep and cook, taking a mere 20 minutes from the moment you heat the oil to that perfect first bite.
Full of bright, clean flavors thanks to ingredients like a generous squeeze of lemon juice, fresh parsley, and crunchy zucchini, this tasty scampi is a fantastic quick recipe for those evenings when you’d like to cook but don’t want to get complicated. If you’re into meal prepping, this keto scampi even makes a great keto meal prep option (need help meal prepping? Check out our keto meal prep hacks).
While there’s a hearty dose of protein in the shrimp, tasty extras like avocado and olive oil ramp up the protein in this dish to keep hunger at bay the healthy way. These good-for-you fats are the key to properly following the keto diet and avoid falling prey to the unhealthy ‘dirty’ keto tract of the ketogenic diet. A sprinkling of chili flakes gives this dish a tantalizing heat, which helps tie the entire meal together – especially when combined with the other ingredients.
To satisfy your sweet tooth once you’ve cleared your plate, try this decadent almond butter cup recipe (because who doesn’t love a dessert you can make from scratch in under 15 minutes?).
For the rest of the week, why not try our keto meal plan? Made from organic and sustainably-sourced whole food ingredients, our ready-to-eat keto meals are an easy, flexible, and healthy way to follow the ketogenic diet.