Josh Herrin is a motorcycle racer who’s been winning championships since he was 14 years old. He shares tips that can help you succeed and achieve.
Fresh N’ Lean is the nation’s largest organic meal delivery service. Our tasty, chef-prepared cuisine is always fresh and never frozen, and we offer five convenient meal plans: Protein+, Keto, Paleo, Standard Vegan and Low-Carb Vegan. Choose Fresh N’ Lean for affordable nutrition, delivered to your doorstep.
Undoubtedly, 2020 was a rough one for many, but 2021 is full of opportunity. To help you get the year off to a flying start, we’re presenting our “I Am Potential” series — articles designed to help you succeed, thrive and prosper in 2021.
How will you reinvent yourself in 2021?
The start of a new year is a great time to reshape your narrative. You are the one in charge of your life story. What areas of your life would you like to change in 2021? By setting your intentions and developing a plan, you can put yourself on a path that leads to greater happiness and fulfillment.
When you’re putting your plan together, look to the life stories of those who have overcome the odds to achieve towering success. You can learn from every stride and stumble they’ve experienced, and their path can inspire you to chart a course that helps you realize your potential.
With that in mind, we’ve reached out to a few top athletes to hear about their plans for starting fresh in 2021. These stars are all top contenders in their respective sports. They’re also Fresh N’ Lean partners who’ve had great success integrating our meal plans into their daily regimen.
Meet motorcycle racer Josh Herrin
Josh Herrin is a motorcycle racer from Glendale, California, who went pro in 2006. He’s been competing at a world-class level from a very young age; he won the 2004 USGPRU 125 title when he was just 14 years old.
In 2010, he achieved a major career milestone when he won the renowned Daytona 200. He was just 19 when this happened, and that made him the second-youngest rider to win this race. Josh currently competes in the MotoAmerica Superbike Championship.
Here’s what Josh Herrin had to say about his successes, inspirations and plans for the future:
1. Finally, 2021 has arrived. What steps did you take to close out 2020 physically and mentally strong?
I trained as much as possible and tried to stay healthy so I’d be ready for 2021.
2. Can you share one resource (for example, a book, article, Instagram post or quote) that’s helped you become a better version of yourself?
I like Gary Vaynerchuk’s (GaryVee) Instagram!
3. Please tell us about the routine you follow each morning.
I’m not a big breakfast guy, so in the morning I go for some fruit and granola. I watch some old races to get focused. I follow it up with a good lunch and always remember to have fun.
4. If you could choose only one word for 2021, what would it be?
5. How do you reset when you feel like you need to get back on top of your game?
I ride mini bikes. I can always count on them to have fun and make me feel good about riding again.
6. What fitness-related challenges have you faced in 2020? How have you overcome them?
I was lucky in 2020 and didn’t have any physical issues. I’d say my biggest fitness-related challenge has been overcoming my back problems. I had multiple herniated discs that were causing me tremendous amounts of pain and issues on the motorcycle. Stretching, core exercises and nutrition helped me feel like a new person!
7. What food-related challenges have you faced in 2020? How have you overcome them?
It’s a constant challenge to stay away from Chick-fil-A. Fresh N’ Lean helps a lot!
8. How do you define potential?
Potential is working hard and being ready for opportunities when they are least expected.
9. When did you realize your potential to become a champion?
Growing up in a sport, you don’t ever realize your potential. You are born into it. You just have to perform if you want to be a champion.
10. How should the people reading this article harness their potential? And how can they become winners at what they do?
Work hard and never give up. Don’t be afraid of criticism. Always believe in yourself.
11. You’ve committed a significant part of your life to your sport. What specific moments make all your sacrifices worth it?
The moment that makes it all worth it is seeing other people get stoked when you win.
12. In your opinion, what has been the most pivotal moment of your career?
The most pivotal moment was when [former professional motorcycle racer] Ben Bostrom told me being marketable and good to the fans are just as important as winning.
13. What failure are you proudest of?
Going to the Moto 2 World Championship. It was the worst year of my life, but I came back a different person and racer.
14. In your opinion, what makes an athlete great?
The thing that makes an athlete great is perseverance.
Josh Herrin knows that to get results, you have to stay the course. Use his winning strategy as you plan your own blueprint for success.
You can mimic Josh’s healthy eating habits by subscribing to Fresh N’ Lean. We offer a choice of five meal plans for you to choose from, and our organic cuisine is conveniently delivered to your door.