Mike Lemaire is a kickboxer and fitness guru who is at the top of his game. This world-class fighter offers guidance you can use to knock down challenges and make success a reality.
Undoubtedly, 2020 was a rough one for many, but 2021 is full of opportunity. To help you get the year off to a flying start, we’re presenting our “I Am Potential” series — articles designed to help you succeed, thrive and prosper in 2021.
A new year is upon us, and it provides the opportunity for a fresh beginning.
It’s an ideal time for you to take stock of your life. What aspects of your life are you happiest with? And what aspects would you like to refine and improve? If you want to alter the course of your life’s direction – in ways that are big or small – now is the time to do it.
As you’re mapping your strategy, take inspiration from the life stories of those who have beat the odds and triumphed. Every setback and subsequent redemption that they’ve experienced holds a lesson that can help you reach your full potential and live your best life.
With that in mind, we’ve reached out to a few top athletes to hear about their plans for starting fresh in 2021. These stars are all top contenders in their respective sports. They’re also Fresh N Lean partners who’ve had great success integrating our meal plans into their daily regimen.
Meet kickboxer Mike Lemaire
Our latest athlete is kickboxer Mike Lemaire. Mike was born and raised in France, but he’s currently based out of San Diego, California. He’s a versatile and skilled fighter who’s proficient in judo, karate, kickboxing and Muay Thai. He’s one of the best in his field, and he has the tournament wins to prove it.
Here’s what Mike Lemaire had to say about his successes, inspirations and plans for the future:
1. Finally, 2021 has arrived. What steps did you take to close out 2020 physically and mentally strong?
I revisited the goals I set for myself early 2020. And I made sure at the best of my abilities to complete and pursue them.
2. Can you share one resource (for example, a book, article, Instagram post or quote) that helped you become a better version of yourself in 2020?
The book “Boundless “ by Ben Greenfield has amazing insight on fitness, nutrition, bio-hacking and health.
3. Please tell us about the routine you follow each morning.
Usually, I start with a meditation, and I set my intentions the day. I make sure everything is lined up, from workouts to meals, recovery and emails. And I take steps to ensure everything is prepared.
4. If you could choose only one word for 2021, what would it be?
5. How do you reset when you feel like you need to get back on top of your game?
Most likely, I’ll get some sleep and proper nutrition. Or spend a day at the dog beach with my dog.
6. What fitness-related challenges have you faced in 2020?
Since I’m a professional fighter and a personal trainer, I need access to a gym. Getting that access was hard last year due to the pandemic.
7. What food-related challenges have you faced in 2020?
Thanks to Fresh N Lean, I have not faced any.
8. How do you define potential?
I define potential as confidence and believing in yourself. We all have potential, but it takes confidence to unleash it.
9. When did you realize your potential to become a tournament-winning fighter?
As a kid, I was always a superior athlete and competitor. I would fight and compete against older guys and win.
10. How should the people reading this article harness their potential? And how can they become winners at what they do?
Love what you do. Train at your craft every day.
11. You’ve committed a significant part of your life to your sport. What specific moments make all your sacrifices worth it?
The moment that makes it all worth it is getting my hand raised after winning the fight.
12. In your opinion, what has been the most pivotal moment of your career?
The most pivotal moment was winning my first world title in 2013!
13. What failure are you proudest of?
My first professional loss. I was 9-0 as a young pro, and I suffered my first loss. At first, I took it hard, but it only drove me to push harder. I came back stronger from it.
14. In your opinion, what makes an athlete great?
The thing that makes an athlete great is the ability to adapt to any scenario. Also, discipline and diligence.
After a year during which the pandemic has affected his ability to get the gym access he needs to train, Mike Lemaire is working harder than ever to come back strong in 2021. Take inspiration from his focus and ambition as map your own unique path to victory. .
Emulate Mike’s healthy eating habits by subscribing to Fresh N Lean. We offer a choice of five meal plans for you to choose from, and our organic cuisine is conveniently delivered to your door.
Fresh N Lean is the nation’s largest organic meal delivery service. Our tasty, chef-prepared cuisine is always fresh and never frozen, and we offer convenient meal plans like Protein+, Keto, Paleo, Standard Vegan and Mediterranean. Choose Fresh N Lean for affordable nutrition, delivered to your doorstep.