Vanilla Hazelnut Yogurt Cups Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Food processor
- Muffin tin
- Baking cups (optional)
- ½ cup Pitted Medjool dates
- ¾ cup Roasted hazelnuts
- ⅔ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 ¼ cups Thick plant-based yogurt
- 1 ½ tbsp Maple syrup
- ¼ cup Coconut oil, softened
- 1In a food processor, blend dates until they come together in a ball.
- 2Add hazelnuts and salt. Pulse until mixture becomes crumbs that you can pinch together.
- 3Spoon 2 tbsp crust mixture into a muffin tin. Press mixture down with your hands to form your crust. Repeat with remaining crust mixture.
- 4While you make the filling, place crust in the fridge. Combine yogurt, maple syrup, ⅛ tsp kosher salt, and coconut oil in food processor. Blend until smooth.
- 5Transfer yogurt mixture to crusts. Smooth the top over with a spoon or rubber spatula. Let chill in the fridge overnight. Store in the fridge, option to freeze.
Like a Cheesecake, But Better For You
Did you know we have a favorite pastime? It’s called making the best damn healthy desserts ever! In this rendition we take non-dairy vanilla yogurt – a “health” food – and turn it into a dessert reminiscent of cheesecake, all nested in a delicious and nutritious raw date and hazelnut crust. Made in a traditional muffin tin, each filling mini vanilla hazelnut cup has only 237 calories, with 18 grams healthy fats and 18 grams carbs.
Stored in the fridge – or freezer and then thawed before enjoying – these Vanilla Hazelnut Yogurt Cups can be made on Sunday for meal prep throughout the week. They’re the perfect hint of sweetness to break up your day. Plus, you can eat them for breakfast, dessert, or a snack! We love a multi-purpose dish, don’t we?
One thing to note about this recipe is that the type of yogurt you get matters! We use a brand called Coyo, that’s coconut-based. It’s much thicker than your normal dairy-free yogurt – similar to Greek style. If your yogurt is more runny, you might need to add more coconut oil, or simply keep your Vanilla Hazelnut Yogurt Cups in the freezer!
Can you believe that these Vanilla Hazelnut Yogurt Cups only require six simple ingredients? The filling especially is simple and tasty – all you need is your yogurt, maple syrup, coconut oil, and salt! Feel free to swap out flavors of yogurt. The recipe calls for vanilla, but any fruit flavor would taste great! Our yogurt was a probiotic yogurt, which is an easy way to make these yogurt cups an even more attractive option to your gut health.
These Vanilla Hazelnut Yogurt cups come together in just five ridiculously easy steps! Sweetened with maple syrup, this recipe is both vegan and paleo-friendly, making it the perfect accompaniment to our plant-based meal plans!