Thai Red Curry with Cauliflower Rice Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Food processor (optional)
- 1 Bell pepper
- 3 medium Carrots
- 1 head Broccoli
- 1 tbsp Avocado oil
- 6 tbsp Red curry paste
- 16 oz Full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Coconut sugar
- 8 oz Bamboo shoots
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 head Cauliflower
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1Chop bell pepper into thin slices. Peel and cut carrots into round slices. Cut broccoli into florets.·Finely chop your cauliflower (or pulse in a food processor). Alternatively, you can use a store-bought riced cauliflower.
- 2Heat avocado oil over medium high heat. Once hot, add curry paste and fry for about a minute and a half.
- 3Add coconut milk and coconut sugar to pan and mix to combine. Add chopped veggies, except cauliflower, and bamboo shoots to pan.·Bring to a boil and then turn heat to low and simmer covered for about 15 minutes.
- 4While curry is cooking, heat sesame oil in a pan. Once hot, add all ingredients for cauliflower rice.·Sauté for about 5-7 minutes or cooked to your desired consistency.
- 5Serve curry over cauliflower rice.
Curry Better Than Takeout
If you’re like me, you order food delivery way more often than you’d like to admit. There’s just something so comforting about lazing around the house with a plate full of food you didn’t have to cook. But as we all know, having a take-out weakness is no good for the bank account.
This vegan Thai red curry is absolutely delicious, and way better piping hot from your stove than cooked hours ago and transported who knows how far in a styrofoam container. Plus, it’s ridiculously easy to make – perfect for recreating every time the craving hits.
If you’re looking for a little more weight to this dish, feel free to add a protein like tofu or chicken.