Miso Glazed Eggplant Recipe
- Small bowl
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl
- 2 Eggplants (Medium)
- 1 tbsp Miso paste
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tbsp Rice wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maple syrup
- ½ cup Red rice & quinoa mix
- 1 cup Lentil (canned or cooked/drained)
- ½ cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup Fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- 1Add miso paste, oil, vinegar and maple syrup to a small mixing bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- 2Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut eggplants in half lengthwise and place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.·Use a sharp knife to make deep cuts in each eggplant, creating a diamond pattern.
- 3Brush each eggplant with the miso glaze. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 4While eggplants bake, add ½ cup of quinoa + red rice and 1 cup of water to a saucepan.·Bring to a boil and cook until all the liquid is absorbed (about 15-20 minutes).
- 5Add lentils, pomegranate seeds, chopped parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a mixing bowl. Stir through.·Assemble the meal by serving lentil pomegranate salad and cooked grains on top of baked miso-glazed eggplant.
Savory-Sweet Vegan Miso-Glazed Eggplant
For those evenings where you want to treat yourself to something extra special, there’s this outstanding vegan miso-glazed eggplant recipe that rivals the best dishes out of your favorite high-end vegan eatery. It only takes 30 minutes to prep and cook. A gourmet vegan meal in under half an hour? Sign us up!
The humble eggplant rises to the occasion as the star of this stunning dish. This tasty member of the nightshade family boasts plenty of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, plus loads of fiber. It’s the ideal canvas for the savory, tangy, sweet miso glaze. Salty-savory miso paste is a probiotic which helps promote gut health and a little goes a long way to transform a dish. A hearty mix of red rice, quinoa, and lentils will not only give you ample energy, they’ll also supply you with a dose of antioxidants and essential amino acids.
Delectably crunchy pomegranate seeds add a tantalizing layer of texture to the dish while that hit of lemon juice elevates the brightness and helps bring all the delicious components in this delightful vegan meal together. There’s so much flavor in this miso-glazed eggplant dish, even non-vegans are bound to adore it. Avid fans of meal prepping pay attention – this dish is a must for your recipe repertoire.
If you still have room for dessert, these vegan pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are absolute perfection (and make a great snack, too!).