Mediterranean Protein Bowls Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Small pot
- Large pan
- Baking sheet
- ½ cup White quinoa, dry
- 1 cup Vegetable broth
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 15 oz Canned lentils
- 15 oz Canned chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- ½ tsp Ground pepper
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- 2 cups Chopped kale
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- 2 tbsp Fresh dill
- ¼ cup Hummus
- 1 tbsp Tahini (optional)
- 1In a saucepan, combine white quinoa, veggie broth, and ⅛ salt. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes, until done. Stir in canned lentils.·Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Toss chickpeas with 1 tbsp avocado oil, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, ¼ tsp paprika, and ¼ tsp garlic powder. Roast until crispy, about 10 minutes.
- 3Dice tomato, cucumber, and chop dill. Mix together and add 2 tsp lemon juice, ⅛ tsp salt, and ⅛ tsp pepper.
- 4In a large pan, heat 1 tbsp avocado oil. Add chopped kale, ⅛ tsp salt, ¼ tsp pepper, and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Sauté for 5 minutes, or until kale is soft.
- 5Assemble your bowls: scoop of lentil quinoa mixture, kale, dollop of hummus, crispy chickpeas, cucumber tomato salad, drizzle of tahini.
All Your Mediterranean Favorites In One Bowl!
Go big and colorful with these vegan Mediterranean protein bowls! This beautifully colorful dish is sure to make your stomach happy! With under 400 calories and loaded with 21 grams of high-powered plant-based protein and 11 grams of healthy fats, this is a meal you’ll want to make over and over again.
This easy protein bowl is full of roasted chickpeas, colorful veggies, and nutritious quinoa. For even more superfood value, we add yummy sautéed kale and crispy roasted chickpeas. Kale is one of the healthiest and most nutritious super greens. It’s among the most nutrient-dense and antioxidant-filled greens of all time! In other words, kale is king.
Because no bowl is complete without a few carbs, we add quinoa and lentils to the mix! To make our grain mixture, we quickly simmer quinoa on the stove. After it’s done cooking, we add a bit of canned lentils for added protein and convenience! We choose quinoa for this dish because it’s full of protein, fiber, nine essential amino acids, and vitamins. When combined with lentils that are rich in iron and magnesium, this combo is healthy and filling!
Once all the components of our bowl are ready, we top our lentil quinoa mixture, sautéed kale, and crispy chickpeas with a fresh tomato cucumber salad, a big dollop of hummus, and a drizzle of tahini! Just like that, your body will be thanking you for the seriously delicious and nutritious lunch or dinner! Plus, did you know that chickpeas and lentils are both great sources of prebiotics?
If you’re the meal prep type, this vegan Mediterranean Protein Bowl recipe is perfect! Each component can be made ahead of time and stored separately in bulk, perfect for when hunger hits at home. Or, package individual meals in their own containers for the best to-go lunch ever! Make sure to check out our own plant-based meal plan, for when you want dinner to be ready in 5 minutes instead of 35!