Lemon Miso Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
by Camille Berry
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts
- 3 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 ½ tbsp Organic red miso paste
- ¼ tsp Hot paprika
- ¼ tsp Cayenne powder
- ¼ tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds (optional)
- 1Cut end off sprouts and then cut in half.·Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- 2Pour the olive oil, lemon juice, miso, paprika, and cayenne pepper into a large bowl. Whisk well to combine.
- 3Add the Brussels sprouts to glaze mixture and toss to coat.
- 4Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the sprouts evenly over its surface.·Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until the sprouts become a rich golden brown.
- 5Remove from oven, garnish with pepper and enjoy!
The Most Mouthwatering Brussels Sprouts
If you’re in the mood for an easy-to-make keto-friendly vegan dish with ample flavor and a hefty dose of protein, you can’t go wrong with these miso lemon roasted Brussels sprouts. Enjoy this dish on its own as an effortless plant-based lunch or whip up a batch to grace your plate as a side dish.
Simple and delicious, this vegan Brussels sprouts dish brings together a variety of healthy ingredients, from the macro and micronutrient-dense Brussel sprout, inflammation-reducing spices and healthy fats to gut-balancing probiotics in the form of ultra-flavorful red miso paste.
Popping sprouts in the oven is the perfect way to unleash their tastiest side. When roasted, Brussels sprouts take on a gorgeous nuttiness, which the umami flavor of miso paste will complement to perfection. With a hint of a spicy kick courtesy of a dusting of cayenne powder and hot paprika and a squeeze of lemon juice to add a touch of brightness, these sprouts are incredibly moreish.
Getting enough fiber can be tricky, but it’s an essential part of any well-balanced diet. Whether you’re trying to lose weight, get a handle on your blood sugar, or cholesterol, adding more fiber to your diet has a variety of benefits, and Brussels sprouts just so happen to be brimming with it at 3.3 grams per cup. A helping of roasted Brussels sprouts is a great way to supplement your vegan meal deliveries while sticking to your diet. The best part is that they take virtually no time at all to make!