Vegan Keto Big Mac Sliders Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Large frying pan with lid
- ¼ cup Vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Keto-friendly relish
- 1 ½ tsp Yellow mustard
- ½ tsp White vinegar
- ¾ tsp Onion powder
- ¾ tsp Paprika
- 3 drops Liquid stevia
- 1 lb Beyond Meat ground beef
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp Ground pepper
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 spray Avocado oil spray
- 4 Keto Unbun
- 1 cup Shredded iceberg lettuce
- 12 slices Bread & butter pickle chips
- ½ cup Sliced white onion
- 4 slices Vegan cheddar cheese
- 1In a small bowl, whisk together vegan mayonnaise, relish, yellow mustard, white vinegar, ¼ tsp onion powder, paprika, and liquid stevia. Set aside.
- 2In a separate bowl, mix together Beyond Meat, kosher salt, ground pepper, garlic powder, and ½ tsp onion powder.·Form mixture into patties.
- 3Heat a large frying pan over medium high heat. Spray with avocado oil. Place burger patties onto pan and cook for around 5-6 minutes on the first side, or until the bottom is golden brown.
- 4Flip burgers and cook for 1 minute. Then top with cheese.·Put lid on and let cheese melt.
- 5Slice Unbun in half. Spread sauce mixture on each side of the bun. Top with shredded lettuce, then pickles, cheeseburger patty, sliced onion, and the other half of the bun. Enjoy!
A Big Mac We Can Get Behind
If there is one fast food item that’s the king of all fast food items, it would probably have to be the Big Mac from McDonald’s. This legendary sandwich is traditionally composed of a sesame seed bun, shredded iceberg lettuce, pickles, onion slices, a couple burger patties, slices of cheese, and “special sauce.” We’re from the school of thought that a sauce can make or break a burger, and Big Mac sauce is what really makes a Big Mac. While you won’t find us hitting up McDonald’s anytime soon, the craving for a juicy, fast food-like burger is a reality for a lot of us. When that craving hits, we have to get a little creative!
In this recipe, we were able to recreate the classic Big Mac but in a vegan and keto fashion. We used Beyond Meat ground beef instead of animal products to make our burger patty, in addition to vegan cheddar cheese, and vegan mayo for our Big Mac sauce. By using the Keto Unbun, and swapping sugar for liquid stevia in the Big Mac sauce, we were able to get the net carb count down to 11 grams per serving, which is fairly keto-friendly. This recipe is a much healthier option overall, with only 516 calories, 37 grams fat and 32 grams protein per serving.
If you can’t find the keto Unbun in your area or would prefer a lower calorie option, feel free to wrap your burger and toppings in a lettuce wrap! Bibb lettuce is especially great for making protein-style and keto meal plan-friendly burgers. If you are using an Unbun, we recommend toasting it for maximum flavor and ideal texture. The Big Mac sauce tastes divine on warm, toasty bread – you won’t regret it. The serving size for this recipe is a filling amount of food, but feel free to serve these Big Mac sliders with a nice salad or roasted veggies.