Impossible Beef Tacos Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Medium pan
- 12 oz Impossible ground beef
- ½ cup Vegan shredded cheese
- 1 cup Vegan-friendly refried beans
- 3 tbsp Taco seasoning of choice
- 12 Taco-sized corn tortillas
- 1 cup Diced onion
- ½ cup Diced tomato
- 2 tbsp Minced garlic
- ¼ tsp Ground pepper
- ¼ cup Cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Vegan sour cream (optional)
- 1Heat olive oil in a medium pan. Add onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add garlic and sauté for about 2 more minutes, or until soft.
- 3Add Impossible beef, salt, pepper, and spice mix to pan. Stir to combine and cook until done, about 6-8 minutes.
- 4Heat refried beans according to package instructions.
- 5Assemble tacos! Take a tortilla and spread with refried beans. Then add Impossible beef mixture, vegan sour cream, diced tomato, vegan shredded cheese, and cilantro leaves.
Taco Tuesday Just Got a Makeover
Taco Tuesday is a serious deal, and you can never be prepared with too many taco recipes. If you’re a meat eater, the opportunities are endless. But if you’re vegan, it’s a little bit harder to recreate. This all changed when Impossible ground beef became available in grocery stores, opening a huge door for all vegans navigating their home kitchens. This Impossible Meat beef tacos recipe is a near-perfect replica of the ground beef tacos a lot of us grew up eating, minus the beef of course!
Our Impossible Beef Tacos recipe comes together in just 20 minutes and serves around four people – the perfect amount for a meal with friends, or for meal prepping throughout the week. Each serving has 548 calories, 22 grams of plant protein, and 28 grams of fat. This fat count is a lot lower than if this recipe was made with real beef, making this vegan substitute a popular alternative.
All it takes to prepare this recipe is your Impossible beef along with some beautifully sauteed onions and garlic, salt, pepper, and your favorite taco seasoning mix. Impossible beef already tastes a lot like real meat on its own, but after this mixture is sauteed together for a while, the flavor is enhanced even further. Not to mention, onion and garlic are both in the allium family, a food group known to lower blood pressure and cholesterol. In addition, both onion and garlic are great sources of prebiotics.
This Impossible beef tacos recipe, along with all of our vegan meal delivery options, is easy to recreate and full of fresh flavors. We decided to make an epic taco with corn tortilla smothered in vegan-friendly refried beans, topped with the Impossible beef mixture, a dollop of vegan sour cream, some diced tomatoes, vegan shredded cheese, and a bit of cilantro. However, you can dress up your tacos any way you wish! Vegan-friendly additions like avocado or cabbage are a great option.