Black Bean Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Baking tray
- Deep skillet
- 2 Sweet potatoes (medium)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp Ground cumin
- ½ tsp Ground coriander
- 200g Canned black beans
- 3/4 cup Crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Natural coconut yogurt
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- 2 Lime wedges
- 1 tbsp Fresh coriander, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F. Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes, make a few holes in the skin using a fork and place on a baking tray.·Bake for about 45 minutes or until soft inside.
- 2While potatoes are in the oven, prepare the chili. In a deep skillet, heat up olive oil, add onion and bell pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- 3Add minced garlic, salt, and spices and cook for one more minute, stirring frequently.
- 4Add black beans, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste, mix well, put the lid on and let simmer for 10 minutes.·Taste and adjust spices if necessary.
- 5Cut baked sweet potatoes lengthwise to open them. Fill each sweet potato with chili, top with coconut yogurt, avocado slices and sprinkle fresh coriander on top.·Serve with a drizzle of lime juice.
Effortless Black Bean Chili-Stuffed Sweet Potatoe Boats
While it’s an undeniable fact this easy-to-make vegan black bean chili-stuffed sweet potato recipe graces our dinner plates year-round, we especially love it when the temperatures start to dip. This super tasty dish is the ideal healthy comfort food with so many wonderful layers of flavor in each forkful.
There are only about 20 minutes of active cooking in this incredibly easy black bean-stuffed sweet potato recipe. And the results are totally worth it! Whip up the chili while your sweet potatoes are baking away in the oven. You can also make this simple recipe ahead of time as part of your weekly meal prep routine – just bake the sweet potatoes and make the chili and assemble when you’re ready to tuck in!
The natural sweetness in this nutritious root vegetable is the ideal foil to spices in the black bean chili. When topped with a generous helping of coconut yogurt and a squeeze of lime, you have a perfect harmony of flavors in a one-plate dinner that will keep you feeling satiated while satisfying your taste buds. Looking to supercharge the nutritional benefits in this delectable dinner? It’s easy. All you need to do is add a probiotic capsule to your coconut yogurt and mix well before serving.
Psst – If black beans and squash are on your top favorite foods list, you’ll definitely want to check out our vegan butternut squash burrito bowl recipe. And speaking of burrito bowls, the vegan black bean chili in this recipe is also outrageously good served over brown rice or even enjoyed on its own.