Black Bean Chili Stuffed Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- Baking tray
- Deep skillet
- 2 Sweet potatoes (medium)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp Ground cumin
- ½ tsp Ground coriander
- 200g Canned black beans
- 3/4 cup Crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Natural coconut yogurt
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- 2 Lime wedges
- 1 tbsp Fresh coriander, chopped
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F. Wash and scrub the sweet potatoes, make a few holes in the skin using a fork and place on a baking tray.·Bake for about 45 minutes or until soft inside.
- 2While potatoes are in the oven, prepare the chili. In a deep skillet, heat up olive oil, add onion and bell pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- 3Add minced garlic, salt, and spices and cook for one more minute, stirring frequently.
- 4Add black beans, crushed tomatoes and tomato paste, mix well, put the lid on and let simmer for 10 minutes.·Taste and adjust spices if necessary.
- 5Cut baked sweet potatoes lengthwise to open them. Fill each sweet potato with chili, top with coconut yogurt, avocado slices and sprinkle fresh coriander on top.·Serve with a drizzle of lime juice.