Beyond Meat Tostones Sliders Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Large pan
- 2 Green plantains
- 4 sprays Coconut oil spray
- 16 oz Beyond Meat ground beef
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 slices Vegan cheese (optional)
- 8 leaves Bibb lettuce (optional)
- 1 Sliced tomato (optional)
- 8 tsp Special sauce (optional)
- 1 Sliced avocado (optional)
- 1Using a knife, score plantain vertically down the peel. Chop off both ends, and then cut plantain into 8 slices. Remove peel from slices.·Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Place plantains on baking sheet. Spray with coconut oil and sprinkle with ½ tsp salt.·Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly softened.
- 3Take a plantain slice and place it under two layers of parchment paper. Using a cup, smash plantain. Transfer back to baking sheet.·Spray with coconut oil. Bake for 10-15 minutes, then flip and bake for another 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4While tostones are baking, combine Beyond Meat, garlic powder, onion powder, ½ tsp salt, and pepper in a bowl.·Form beef mixture into 8 small patties.
- 5Spray a large frying pan with coconut oil. Once hot, add Beyond Meat patties. Cook for about 5 minutes and then flip. Cook for another 5 minutes until done.·When cooked through, serve in between tostones buns with toppings of your choice.
A Unique, Vegan Take On The Traditional Slider
Gone are the days where being vegan meant never eating a juicy burger! Companies like Beyond Meat have done amazing work creating meat-free renditions of an American classic. Now that their vegan ground beef is available in grocery stores, it’s time to start changing the game in your kitchen at home! These Beyond Meat tostones sliders are a unique take on a classic, and use crispy plantains to house a perfectly seasoned Beyond Meat patty and your favorite toppings.
Plantains are rich in fiber and potassium.
Plantains are such a versatile fruit. They can be prepared to be sweet and soft, or crunchy and salty. In this recipe, we went the crunchy route by making oven-baked tostones that taste amazing on their own and even better with a burger in between. Plantains are rich in fiber, have more potassium than bananas, and are great sources of several vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, magnesium, and vitamin A. To make these Beyond Meat tostones sliders, plantains are roasted in the oven, smashed and coated with oil, and then crisped up in the oven like a chip.
While the plantains cook, Beyond Meat is mixed with a simple seasoning of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Several have come on board with Beyond Meat to state their ground beef is technically better for you than red meat because of its low cholesterol, among other reasons. This vegan substitute has also been designed to have the same amount of protein per serving as real meat, making it a fantastic protein for vegans.
All it takes to cook the Beyond Meat patties is a few minutes in a pan on the stove allowing both sides of the burger patty to brown and crisp up slightly. Feel free to go hog wild with your slider toppings because there really isn’t a bad option. We went the classic route with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and vegan mayo or special sauce.
These Beyond Meat tostones sliders can be eaten on their own as an entree. Alternatively, they can be served as an appetizer if you’re cooking for a couple people. If you’d rather go with the fully-prepared option, you can get a pre-made Beyond Meat entree through our vegan meal delivery service.