Turkey Bolognese with Pasta Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Sauté pan
- 2 Olive oil
- 1 Small onion, diced
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- 3 stalks Celery, diced
- 3 Carrots, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 lb Ground turkey
- 1 jar Tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 box Pasta of choice
- 1Add olive oil to pan and heat on medium heat. Once heated, add onion, salt & pepper and saute for 5-6 minutes, or until translucent.
- 2Add celery, carrot, and garlic. Saute for 5-6 more minutes, until carrots & celery are slightly soft.
- 3Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 5-6 more minutes.
- 4Once the turkey is browned, add lemon juice and pasta sauce.·Fill up your empty pasta sauce jar with about ½ inch of water. Shake and pour the liquid in the pot. Stir and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down and simmer with the lid on for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- 5While sauce is simmering, cook your favorite pasta per the instructions on the box.·Serve turkey bolognese over favorite pasta.
Easy Weeknight Meal
Pasta with red sauce has always been a fail-proof dinner staple, but sometimes the convenience factor isn’t enough to combat the monotony of eating something easy like that every day. Fear not, I’ve found a way to step up your classic store-bought, jarred pasta sauce that’ll take your meal from a boring, easy whip-up to a classy AF dish you’d be proud to serve for your parents.
All you need is a few veggies and ground turkey to take your sauce to the next level! Serve over your favorite pasta (I used green lentil penne) and you’ll never look back.