Matcha Pancakes Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Pan or griddle
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ cups Cassava flour
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 5 tsp Matcha powder
- ¼ cup Coconut sugar
- 1 ¾ cups Plant-based milk
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 tbsp Maple syrup
- 2 Eggs
- ¼ cup Vegan yogurt (optional)
- ¼ cup Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- 1In a large bowl, whisk together salt, cassava flour, baking powder, matcha powder, and coconut sugar.
- 2In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, oil, and maple syrup.
- 3Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and whisk together until fully incorporated.
- 4Heat a greased pan or griddle. Once hot, scoop pancake batter onto pan. Let cook for about 1-2 minutes, or until you can see bubbles forming and bottom is golden brown.·Optional: top with vegan yogurt and pomegranate seeds.
Matcha You Can Eat!
One reason I love matcha so much is that it’s just as good in food as it is to drink! Not to mention, matcha is full of antioxidants, so why not incorporate it into your diet in multiple ways? I’ve made matcha pancakes once before with a paleo pancake mix and they were delicious! However, I’m the type of person that loves to make things from scratch or at least know how to make things from scratch, so I decided to create a recipe for them.
I topped my matcha pancakes with vegan yogurt and pomegranate seeds, but feel free to eat yours with syrup or whatever you like!