Turmeric Dill Tuna Salad Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Medium bowl
- 10 oz Canned tuna in water
- 5 tbsp Avocado oil-based mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Stone ground mustard
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Ground turmeric
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground pepper
- ¼ tsp Cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup Fresh dill
- 1 large Carrot
- 1 stalk Celery
- ¼ Cucumber
- 12 leaves Bibb or Romaine lettuce
- 1Drain tuna. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, turmeric, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- 2Finely chop dill, finely dice carrot, celery, and cucumber.
- 3Add chopped veggies to tuna mixture.
- 4Serve over Bibb or Romaine lettuce.
Possibly the Most Flavorful Tuna Salad Ever
Growing up, I ate more tuna salad than I wanted to. It was always our go-to meal whenever we had no groceries at the house, and I began to hate it from a young age. That was before I understood the true beauty of the dish: convenience. When I finally had my own place and was in charge of feeding myself, I realized how essential it was to have quick and reliable meals like tuna salad. All I had to do was make it taste good.
I’ve been on a turmeric kick lately because of the anti-inflammatory benefits, so I thought adding it to tuna salad would give it a nice flavor and color! Fresh dill amps it up another level, leaving you with a super flavorful meal that can be prepared in less than 10 minutes!