Keto Spicy Salmon Sushi Roll Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Plastic wrap
- 12 oz Frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 ½ tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Monkfruit sugar
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Vegan cream cheese
- ⅓ cup Vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- ½ tbsp Lime juice
- 4 Sushi nori sheets
- 1 Avocado
- 4 oz Sushi-grade salmon
- 2 tbsp Sushi ginger (optional)
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds (optional)
- ¼ cup Coconut aminos (optional)
- 1Add riced cauliflower to a pan. Let thaw on medium heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.·Then add rice wine vinegar, monkfruit sugar, and salt. Stir and cook for a few more minutes, or until cauliflower is done. Turn heat off and stir in cream cheese. Set aside.
- 2In a bowl, whisk together vegan mayo, sriracha, and lime juice.
- 3Slice avocado in half. Remove pit. Place flesh side down and peel off skin. Slice into thin slices, along with salmon.
- 4Place a towel on a cutting board or counter top surface. Place a layer of plastic wrap on top of the towel, then a sheet of sushi nori on top of that. Spread a thin layer of cauliflower sushi rice onto nori sheet, leaving an inch or so at the top and bottom.·Add salmon and avocado and then use your hands and the towel to gently roll into a long sushi roll.
- 5Chop sushi roll into individual slices. Drizzle with spicy mayo.·Optional: top with sesame seeds and serve with sushi ginger and coconut aminos for dipping.
Another Keto Sushi Roll Classic!
The other week, we shared our first keto sushi creation, a vegan avocado and cucumber roll with bell pepper and sushi cauliflower rice. Since we mastered the sushi cauliflower rice in that recipe, we’re now able to basically recreate any and all of our favorite sushi rolls! Hope you’re ready for this wild sushi ride. Next up had to be a keto spicy salmon sushi roll, of course, filled with sushi grade salmon, creamy avocado, and drizzled with the easiest homemade spicy mayo! This dish has great macros for those following the keto diet, with 611 total calories, 9 grams net carbs, 51 grams healthy fats, and 26 grams lean protein per serving.
This keto spicy salmon sushi roll could not be more delicious and good for you! By swapping cauliflower rice for the real deal, we add fiber, antioxidants, and important compounds like choline and sulforaphane to the dish. Salmon and avocado are a severely underrated duo not only in flavor, but also in nutritional value. Salmon is filled with Omega-3s, and both salmon and avocado are loaded with potassium. Fun fact: an avocado actually has more potassium than a banana!
We love an easy sauce recipe no matter the purpose, and the homemade spicy mayo for this keto spicy salmon sushi roll is one of the best! All you need is vegan mayonnaise, sriracha, and lime juice to make a keto and vegan-friendly spicy mayo that tastes just like what you’d get at your favorite sushi restaurant. Go for the full effect and serve your keto spicy salmon sushi roll with sushi ginger, coconut aminos, and sesame seeds!
This meal makes the perfect easy weeknight dinner for anyone sticking to a ketogenic meal plan, and actually has quicker prep than real sushi! If you love this recipe, feel free to get creative and make your own roll with your choice of ingredients.