Raspberries and Cream Pancakes Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Rolling pin or blender / food processor
- Large pan or griddle
- ½ cup Freeze dried raspberries
- ¾ cup Coconut cream
- ¼ cup Water
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp Liquid stevia
- 1 ¾ cup Almond flour
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Coconut butter (optional)
- 2 tbsp Fresh raspberries (optional)
- 1Put freeze dried raspberries in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.·Alternatively, you can grind them in a blender or food processor.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together coconut cream, water, avocado oil, vanilla extract, and liquid stevia.
- 3Add almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, kosher salt, and crushed raspberries and mix to combine.·Let sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- 4Heat a pan or griddle over medium heat. Spoon pancake mixture onto pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.·Optional: drizzle with coconut butter & top with fresh raspberries.
A New Take on Fruit for Breakfast
It’s not often you’re able to combine the sweetness of pancakes with the restrictions of vegan and keto diets. But thankfully, this eggless raspberries & cream pancakes recipe is simple and built for those who are looking to maintain both without sacrificing taste or texture. This fun take on traditional pancakes incorporates freeze dried raspberries and coconut cream to add color and flavor to these soft, sweet pancakes. Raspberries are great because not only are they a naturally sweet fruit, but they are also an excellent source of fiber, Vitamins C & E, and antioxidants.
The base of our raspberry flavored vegan pancake batter is a mixture of arrowroot starch and almond flour. While traditional pancakes often use regular flour, almond flour is a great gluten-free substitute. Almond flour is essentially pulverized almonds, making it a very nutritious flour compared to regular flour. Almond flour is also a great source of protein and is naturally low in carbs, which makes it ideal for keto recipes.
Coconut cream will also help thicken the batter before it goes onto the griddle. Coconut cream is essentially the same thing as coconut milk, except it’s much thicker and made with less water. There are several nutritional benefits of coconuts, most notably the presence of manganese, which is important for brain function and bone health.
This simple and creative gluten and dairy-free raspberry and cream pancakes recipe has only 8 grams net carbs per serving, and is a great way to incorporate healthy fruits into a breakfast. These pancakes are sweetened lightly with liquid stevia, which means they are friendly for those following the keto diet. However, if you aren’t following the keto diet, feel free to use maple syrup. Add a bit more color and flavor to this dish by serving with fresh raspberries, creamy coconut butter, and a keto-friendly maple syrup.