Mint Chocolate Chip Fat Bombs Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Food processor
- 1 cup Raw cashews
- ⅓ cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup Coconut butter, softened
- 2 tbsp Cashew butter
- ¼ cup Shelled hempseeds
- 12 drops Liquid stevia
- ½ tsp Peppermint extract
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ cup Keto-friendly chocolate chips
- 1Add cashews, shredded coconut, coconut butter, cashew butter, hempseeds, liquid stevia, peppermint extract, and kosher salt to a food processor. Blend until mixture comes together in a dough.·Do NOT over-blend or the mixture will get too soft.
- 2Fold in ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- 3Roll dough mixture into balls.
- 4Place remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring in between, until melted.
- 5Drizzle melted chocolate over fat bombs. Store in the fridge.
Just Like Mint Chip Ice Cream
If you’re looking for a quick, tasty treat but can’t contemplate breaking your keto streak, these mint chocolate chip fat bombs are a super easy and very healthy alternative that will satisfy your sweet tooth, but won’t overload your intake.
Aside from being gluten and dairy-free, the best part about these easy-to-make mint chocolate chip fat bombs is that they look and taste exactly like mint chocolate chip ice cream! The color of these fat bombs might not be electric green like some of us are used to, but they do turn slightly green after sitting in the fridge because of hemp seeds. Hemp seeds are great because they’re high in essential fatty acids, and are known to be an excellent source of potassium and magnesium.
To get started, we combine raw cashews, unsweetened shredded coconut, softened coconut butter, cashew butter with hemp seeds, liquid stevia, peppermint extract and kosher salt into a food processor — be mindful to not over-blend the mixture. If the mixture becomes too soft, you won’t be able to ball-up the processed blend. A good test to ensure the stability of your dough mixture is that it will stick together when pinched or rolled. Use that trick as a barometer to determine when your dough is ready.
For the final touch of this recipe, we drizzle melted chocolate over your mint chocolate chip fat bombs and store them in the refrigerator to firm. This recipe makes about eight fat bombs – store them for a great on-the-go or pre-post workout snack.
These mint chocolate chip fat bombs are full of nourishing ingredients, with 249 calories per serving. Each ball has about 6 grams net carbs, 20 grams fat and 6 grams protein. Enjoy this treat in between meals from your keto meal delivery for the week.