Mediterranean Egg Frittata Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Cast-iron skillet or other oven-safe pan
- 5 Eggs
- ¼ cup Fresh dill
- 2 tbsp Vegan ricotta
- 1 tbsp Plant-based milk
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp Ground pepper
- ¼ tsp Ground turmeric
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Paprika
- ½ small Red onion
- 1 Bell pepper
- 2 cups Spinach
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- 1Dice bell pepper, onion, and chop dill.·Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, dill, ricotta, milk, salt, pepper, turmeric, garlic powder, and paprika.
- 3Heat avocado oil in a cast-iron skillet or other oven-safe pan. Add red onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add bell pepper and sauté for 3-5 more minutes, until tender. Add spinach.
- 5Pour egg mixture over veggies and then transfer pan to the oven.·Bake for 12-15 minutes, until egg mixture is set. Enjoy!
This Breakfast Gets the ‘Most Versatile’ Award
You can never have too many recipes for an easy and flavorful keto-friendly breakfast, and this Mediterranean Egg Frittata recipe is at the top of our list! Filled with yummy veggies, fresh herbs and warming spices, this breakfast is perfect to meal prep for the week or serve on a weekend for a crowd. Each frittata yields four generous and filling servings, with only 183 calories and 3 grams net carbs per serving, plus 15 grams of healthy fats and 9 grams lean protein.
To provide a colorful array of veggies in our frittata, we employ red onions, your favorite color bell pepper, and spinach. Onions are loaded with antioxidants and detoxifying properties, and they provide a base level of great flavor for our Mediterranean Egg Frittata. We sauté our red onions in avocado oil in our cast-iron skillet (any oven-safe pan will do) for a few minutes until soft to flavor our pan. This sets the stage for everything else to come, like crunchy bell pepper and hearty spinach.
Even our egg mixture is seasoned to the nines, with a bit of turmeric, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper – all spices known for their anti-inflammatory properties. We then enhance the Mediterranean flavors even more by adding freshly chopped dill, a bit of plant-based milk, and crumbles of creamy almond milk ricotta.
Our egg mixture is transferred to our cast-iron pan, and then the entire mixture gets baked until set. Just 12-15 minutes in the oven et voila — you have a Mediterranean Egg Frittata fit for paleo and keto meal plans. Just slice it into quarters and serve with hot sauce or more almond ricotta. You can also have it with greens, or in between two slices of bread if you’re not keto – the opportunities are endless!