Keto Brownies Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Heatproof bowl
- 8x8 pan
- 1 cup Keto-friendly chocolate chips
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- ½ tsp Baking powder
- ½ cup Almond flour
- 1 cup Monkfruit sweetener
- ½ cup Coconut oil (soft but not melted)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Stir frequently. Remove chocolate from heat and let cool in the fridge for 5-10 minutes.·Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- 2Add sugar and vanilla to melted chocolate mixture.
- 3Add eggs and egg yolk one at a time, whisking vigorously in between each. Once all eggs have been added, whisk for 30 seconds.
- 4Stir in flour, salt, and baking powder.
- 5Transfer batter to pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are cooked through and the center is set but still slightly gooey.·Once cooked, put brownies in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Do not slice until brownies are fully cooled.
Ooey Gooey Keto Brownie Heaven
When I was younger, my family had a tradition where we’d celebrate milestones or special occasions with warm brownies and ice cream for dessert. I lived for these days. This was back when I ate gluten and dairy, so it was the real deal. My mom would always buy the Ghirardelli brownie mix that you could buy at Costco because it was the best – and I probably still stand by that. I don’t know what kind of crack they put into this brownie mix, but it’s so good it should be illegal. And when you add a fresh scoop of vanilla bean ice cream to the mix? I think I might faint.
Obviously things have changed, and I can no longer enjoy my favorite dessert in its true form – which means it was time to make a brownie recipe that anyone could eat, even on the strictest of diets. These keto brownies were a very fun experiment! They are ooey and gooey, and are the perfect dessert to curb your sweet cravings.
I chose to use keto-friendly chocolate chips instead of cocoa powder because I feel that melted chocolate gives these their fudgy texture. When making these brownies, be sure to let them cool entirely before slicing them. That will ensure that the brownies remain gooey. Once cooled, you can store them at room temperature or in the fridge. When chilled they actually kind of remind me of those Cosmic Brownies we’d enjoy as a kid.
I recommend you sneak a slice as soon as you can and top with some keto ice cream! There are a couple of brands on the market these days that you can choose from. I highly recommend vanilla so you can fully taste the richness of the brownies.
Bring these brownies to your next get-together and everyone will thank you! Or make them for yourself as the perfect dessert to go along with your weekly keto meal plan.