Avocado Fries Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Baking sheet
- 1 large Avocado
- ½ cup Almond flour
- 7 tbsp Golden flaxseed meal
- ⅛ tsp Cayenne powder
- ¼ tsp Chili powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- ¼ tsp Ground pepper
- ½ cup Plant-based milk
- 1 spray Avocado oil
- ¼ cup Dipping sauce of choice
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Cilantro leaves (optional)
- 1Slice avocado in half. Remove pit. Place face down and peel skin off the top. Cut into 8 slices.·Preheat oven to 475°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a bowl, combine 3 tbsp flaxseed meal, non-dairy milk, ¼ tsp salt, garlic powder, and black pepper. Let sit for about 10 minutes for the flaxseed to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- 3In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, ¼ cup flaxseed meal, cayenne, chili powder, and ¼ tsp salt.
- 4Take an avocado slice and dip it in the wet mixture to coat. Then cover in dry flour mixture. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- 5Spray fries with a little bit of avocado oil and bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown, flipping halfway through.·Serve with sauce of choice!
Who Knew You Could Make Fries Out Of Fruit?
Avocado is the saving grace of nearly everyone on the keto diet. Not to mention, its creamy texture and mild taste make it an amazing ingredient for any dish, no matter whether it’s savory or sweet. In this recipe, we decided to make a fry out of our favorite fruit. This vegan and keto-friendly avocado fries recipe is the perfect snack or appetizer for any meal. Portioned out at exactly two servings, it’s also the perfect dish to make for you and a friend.
To lessen the carb count in this recipe, we use golden flaxseed meal and almond flour to bread the fries as opposed to regular flour or breadcrumbs. Flaxseeds are also in the wet mixture for this avocado fries recipe, because they thicken up just like an egg after soaking for a few minutes. Flaxseeds are a healthy source of fat along with being a great source of fiber. They are also a powerful antioxidant and a great source of Omega-3s.
Almond flour is one of the most nutritionally dense flours out there, as it’s high in protein and low in carbohydrates. It’s also been known to lower blood sugar, making it the perfect alternative for those following gluten-free, paleo or keto diets. The combination of almond flour and flaxseed give these fries a crispy crunch straight out of the oven, you won’t even miss the grains!
To boost the flavor profile of this dish, we added some cayenne pepper and chili powder. Ground cayenne pepper is full of capsaicin, which has been known to boost your metabolism while keeping hunger at bay. Chili pepper adds a nice hint of smokiness to this keto avocado fries recipe, while increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation.
This perfect snack is loaded with healthy fats, and the macro profile is just right for those following the keto diet. These avocado fries would taste so good as an appetizer paired with one of our ready-to-eat keto meals!