Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Ice cube tray
- Food processor or high-powered blender
- 27 oz Canned unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 2 ½ tbsp Cashew butter
- 25 drops Liquid stevia
- 3 ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Coconut flour
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tbsp Keto-friendly chocolate chips
- 1Pour coconut milk into ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine cashew butter, 10 drops liquid stevia, ½ tsp vanilla extract, coconut flour, and ⅛ tsp kosher salt. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- 3Roll dough into small balls, using about ¼ tsp dough for each ball. Place in the freezer to firm up while you make your ice cream base.
- 4In a food processor, add coconut milk ice cubes, 3 tsp vanilla, ⅛ tsp kosher salt. Blend for a few minutes, until ice cream begins to soften.
- 5Add cookie dough balls to food processor and pulse very briefly. Serve!
Making Ice Cream At Home Doesn’t Have to be Hard
Get excited for this incredibly delicious chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream that’s everything you could ever dream of! Just because it’s paleo, keto-friendly, gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan (wow, say that 3 times fast), doesn’t mean it’s not decadently creamy with the tried-and-true smooth ice cream texture we’ve all known and loved since childhood!
With so much uncertainty going on today, one thing to be certain of is this delicious ice cream that fits almost any diet. Our chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream comes in at only 333 calories, 9g net carbs and 4g of protein per serving. Another plus: This recipe requires less than 10 ingredients, many of which you probably have in your pantry right now.
Don’t be scared — making ice cream at home can be surprisingly easy! There’s very little prep needed, and you don’t have to freeze the base of an ice cream maker. Instead, pour coconut milk into ice cube trays and freeze overnight. Coconut milk is an extremely versatile dairy alternative with fantastic health benefits. It may promote weight loss, improve heart health and and boost immunity, all while creating a smooth and rich ice cream texture. This delicious dessert would be the perfect accompaniment to our paleo meal plan!
We make cashew cookie dough by combining cashew butter, liquid stevia, vanilla, coconut flour, kosher salt and chocolate chips. The best part about this recipe is taste-testing your edible cookie dough before the finished product, which you can do because it is egg-free! Just remember to save some for the ice cream. Liquid stevia is a great sugar alternative that keeps the recipe low carb, and therefore keto-friendly.
What’s our secret ingredient to make such creamy and decadent cookie dough? Cashew butter. This smooth and creamy nut butter is a great source of monounsaturated fatty acids, magnesium and essential amino acids. These powerful nutrients are beneficial for immunity, blood pressure, metabolism, sugar and cholesterol control, and bone health.
To make your ice cream, all you need is a high-powered blender or food processor. It may take a few minutes of constant blending to get the right texture. Our coconut milk ice cubes are frozen solid, so they need a few minutes of friction from grinding in the food processor. Once your ice cream morphs from icy powder to the creamy texture we know and love, you’re ready to eat your creation immediately!