Strawberry and Vegan Cream Cheese Toast
Are you on a vegan diet? Cool down with this summertime vegan recipe! I enjoyed this open-faced sandwiches for lunch, it was so yummy I had to share. They would also be nice for breakfast or as a snack in the afternoon.
Yield: 8 slices of toast
for the toasts:
- 8 slices bread
- 10 ripe strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- cracked black pepper as garnish
for the vegan cream cheese:
- 1 block firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- pinch nutmeg
- small pinch salt
to make the cream cheese:
- Crumble the tofu into a food processor or blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and puree to a smooth consistency.
to make the toast:
- Toast the slices of bread.
- Slice the strawberries.
- Spread each slice of toast with the vegan cream cheese.
- Top with the slices of strawberries and grind fresh black pepper lightly over the top.