A vegan lifestyle for some could get expensive. Living on a strict budget can be frustrating, but it is important to not forget, everybody needs a good bargain once in a while even for those not on a vegan diet.
Here are some suggestions:
- Learn to cook – When you learn to cook you cut out the need to buy prepared foods and frequent restaurants.
- Shop at your local farmers market –Local and organic produce is the best produce. Plus it is usually pretty reasonable, and downright cheap if bought in bulk. (If you live alone like me, split a bushel with a friend.)
- Eat whole foods – Outside of buying my produce locally in bulk.
- Start a garden –If you are lucky enough to have a yard, start a mini garden. You can easily grow a wide range of veggies and herbs, just for the cost of seeds and your time.
- Brown bag it –You will be amazed how much money you save by bringing your lunch to work everyday.
- Clean with white vinegar and baking soda –among other things, those two ingredients combined, create a powerful cleaning agent.
- Buy things as you need them – Enough said.
- Shop second-hand – thrift stores and consignment shops often offer hidden gems to add to your wardrobe. If you are lucky enough to have a modern consignment like Plato’s Closet or Buffalo Exchange near by, then there is no need to ever shop first-hand again!
- Shop end of season – As long as you are not a slave to passing fashion trends,
- Cheap shoes are usually vegan – Just an interesting factoid for you. Check out Payless,
- Ride a bike- If you are lucky enough to live within a reasonable distance of your work or school.. ride a bike! You will save a load of money on gas and car repairs, save the environment, get in shape, and feel really good.
- Buy store brand everything- There is not much of a difference between a store brand item and a name brand one, if there is any difference at all. It is just a whole lot cheaper to buy store brand.
Do you have any secrets to living on a budget?
Link to: Home – Fresh N Lean A healthy meal doorstep delivery service
Link back : Blog Post