It’s no secret that turmeric is a powerhouse of a spice that we should all be incorporating into our diet. Not only is turmeric a natural anti-inflammatory agent, but it is a powerful antioxidant, and even helps with digestive issues and aids in preventing gas and bloating.
When most people think of incorporating turmeric into meals, it is normally associated with curries, soups, and veggies. Or now-a-days, face masks for glowing skin!
This energizing elixir is the perfect way jumpstart your day!
- 2 handfuls of organic spinach & kale
- 1/4 cup frozen mangoes
- 1-inch fresh ginger, peeled
- 1-inch fresh turmeric, peeled or 2 teaspoons ground turmeric powder
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 an avocado
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite greens powder (I love Health Force Vitamineral Green Powder)
- 1 scoop of your favorite organic vegan protein powder
- 1 tablespoon bee pollen (optional)
- ½ cup iced green tea
- a splash of almond coconut milk (for extra creaminess)
- optional: if you like your smoothies sweeter, add in 1/4 of a frozen banana
- optional superfoods: hemp seeds, chia seeds, ground flaxseeds
Combine all ingredients into a blender and enjoy!