Summer is in full swing! We hope you are enjoying warmer weather, outdoor activities, and seasonal delights!
With summer comes new fresh produce that we all love..watermelon, nectarines, peaches, mangoes, strawberries, apples and avocados. Artichokes, corn, zucchini, summer squash, beets, and cauliflower are some notable summer veggies. We know that summer is filled with lots of BBQ’s, parties, and beach or lake time.
Here are some fun ideas to make your Fresh ‘n Lean meals your own – to take for a BBQ, picnic, or simply a summer’s eve dinner for your self!
- Have you tried our lentil tacos recipe yet? Check it out here.
- Try converting one of our quinoa dishes into a summer salad! simply mix 1 quinoa meal with organic arugula or spinach, some cherry tomatoes, cucumber, olive oil, and fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Pair our Hampton’s Summer Crab Cake with a side of arugula.
- Craving a heartier meal, yet still low carb? Stuff an organic bell pepper with one of our quinoa, lentil, or chickpea dishes with extra veggies!
- Add some in-season peaches to our oatmeal with a splash of almond or coconut milk. You can even eat them chilled!
Feel like doing a bit of your own cooking & experimenting? Try these one of these fun vegan summer recipes from some of our favorite healthy bloggers:
- Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream, anyone? http://bit.ly/2pKuiJC
- Spice up your taco night with these healthy & light sweet potato portobello tacos: http://bit.ly/2p3OhSU
- For the perfect summer BBQ dish, how about some grilled fajita vegetable skewers? http://bit.ly/2uHtk5w
- At home pizza-making night? We’ve got the perfect vegan green flatbread recipe that will wow you & guests! http://bit.ly/2rQMr8q
- Another favorite are these colorful summer rice paper rolls: http://bit.ly/2tlbVvG
Enjoy the sunshine! What are some of your favorite summer dishes?