Tomatillo Jackfruit Tacos Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Oven-safe pan
- 1 lb Tomatillos
- 28 oz Canned young jackfruit
- 10-16 Taco-sized tortillas of choice
- ½ Yellow onion
- 1 Jalapeño
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Lime juice
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- ¼ cup Cilantro leaves
- ¼ tsp Ground pepper
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 Sliced radish (optional)
- ¼ Diced red onion (optional)
- ½ Sliced avocado (optional)
- 1Chop onion in half, chop ends off jalapeño, and remove husks from tomatillos.·Place in an oven-safe pan and roast at 400°F for 20-25 minutes, or until veggies are slightly charred. Add garlic halfway through.
- 2Transfer salsa ingredients to blender and blend until your desired consistency.
- 3Rinse and drain your jackfruit. Add to a pan with olive oil and salsa and bring to a simmer over medium heat, until jackfruit is tender.·Break jackfruit apart with a spatula or two forks.
- 4Once jackfruit is done cooking, serve on your choice of tortilla with option of garnishes like cilantro, red onion, radish, and avocado.
Vegan Tacos You’ll Want To Eat Every Night
While I do eat meat, I love to eat plant-based as much as possible. One of my go-to, meat-based dinners is chicken breast simmered in a homemade tomatillo sauce, so I decided to make a vegan version with canned jackfruit!
These tacos are perfect to whip up for a Taco Tuesday get together. Very minimal effort for a deeply flavorful and simple dinner! Feel free to top your tacos with any toppings you desire – get creative!