Spicy Sesame Tofu Poke Bowl Recipe
- Small mixing bowl
- ¼ cup Brown rice (uncooked)
- 1 tsp Rice vinegar
- 50g Firm tofu, cut in cubes
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- Handful Greens and microgreens
- ¼ cup Carrot, shredded
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup Cucumber, cut in cubes
- 2 Radishes, sliced
- 2 tbsp Edamame
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds (black and white)
- ½ Lime (optional)
- 1Cook rice according to the instructions on the package. When cooked, stir in 1 tsp of rice vinegar and set aside.
- 2While the rice cooks, prepare tofu marinade. In a bowl, mix sesame oil, tamari, lime juice, sriracha, maple syrup and garlic powder.
- 3Add tofu cubes to the bowl and toss to cover. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- 4Heat a pan over medium heat. Add tofu with all the marinade to the pan.·Cook until the liquid reduces almost completely, stirring occasionally. It will take about 5-8 minutes. When cooked, remove from heat and add a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- 5Assemble: place brown rice on the bottom of a bowl, add greens, carrots, cucumber, avocado, radishes, tofu, and edamame.·Serve with extra sesame seeds and fresh lime juice.
Ultra-Tasty Sesame Tofu Poke Bowl Recipe
Hearty, fresh, flavorful food is easier to make than you might think. This spicy sesame tofu poke bowl recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make and is packed with 19 grams of protein, healthy fats (hello, avocado!), and fresh, tasty veggies.
If enticing flavors are an essential part of the meals you eat, you’ll be thrilled to hear this delicious recipe has it all. Sriracha brings a kick of heat which is beautifully balanced out by a hint of maple syrup, while the delectable marriage of lime and rice vinegar bring brightness to each bite. Tamari and sesame oil introduce the all-essential umami flavor, which makes it impossible not to finish this perfectly seasoned vegan poke bowl.
You can even streamline the cooking process if you have a rice cooker on hand. When you want to switch things up (or are short on time), swap brown rice for buckwheat noodles. These delicious noodles are another excellent source of essential macro and micronutrients. If you go down this route, make sure you pick up a pack of 100% buckwheat noodles, as opposed to a buckwheat/wheat flour blend, to get the most nutrients out of each bite.
This tofu poke bowl is also perfect for meal prep. Make it ahead of time and pack in the fridge for a vibrant packed lunch you can bring to work, or as an easy to reheat dinner that you can come home to. Aside from the convenience, there’s a major bonus to meal prepping this spicy vegan tofu bowl – the flavors in the marinade will intensify. Who could say no to that?
That said, if you want to get these same fresh flavors and nourishing ingredients but don’t have half an hour to spend in the kitchen, check out our vegan delivery meal plan.