Spicy Sesame Tofu Poke Bowl Recipe
- Small mixing bowl
- ¼ cup Brown rice (uncooked)
- 1 tsp Rice vinegar
- 50g Firm tofu, cut in cubes
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Lime juice
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- Handful Greens and microgreens
- ¼ cup Carrot, shredded
- ½ Avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup Cucumber, cut in cubes
- 2 Radishes, sliced
- 2 tbsp Edamame
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds (black and white)
- ½ Lime (optional)
- 1Cook rice according to the instructions on the package. When cooked, stir in 1 tsp of rice vinegar and set aside.
- 2While the rice cooks, prepare tofu marinade. In a bowl, mix sesame oil, tamari, lime juice, sriracha, maple syrup and garlic powder.
- 3Add tofu cubes to the bowl and toss to cover. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- 4Heat a pan over medium heat. Add tofu with all the marinade to the pan.·Cook until the liquid reduces almost completely, stirring occasionally. It will take about 5-8 minutes. When cooked, remove from heat and add a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- 5Assemble: place brown rice on the bottom of a bowl, add greens, carrots, cucumber, avocado, radishes, tofu, and edamame.·Serve with extra sesame seeds and fresh lime juice.