Mexican-Style Stuffed Portobellos Recipe
- Deep skillet
- Small bowl
- Baking tray
- 4 Portobello mushroom cups
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Red onion (diced)
- ½ Red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Chopped jalapeño pepper
- ½ cup Canned black beans (rinsed/drained)
- ½ cup Canned sweet corn (rinsed/drained)
- 1 cup Cooked quinoa
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- ½ cup Vegan shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 1Arrange mushrooms on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, remove stems and gills from mushroom cups and set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil in a deep skillet. Add onions, bell pepper and jalapeños. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until cooked through, but still a bit crunchy.
- 3Remove skillet from the heat. Add quinoa, black beans, sweet corn, salt, garlic powder and cumin. Mix to combine.
- 4Stuff mushroom cups with quinoa black bean filling. Bake at 375°F for 12 minutes.·Top with shredded vegan cheddar, return to oven and broil for 2 minutes.
- 5Add avocado, salt, pepper and lemon juice to a bowl or deep plate. Mash with a fork.·Serve on top of stuffed mushrooms.
Lots of healthy ingredients like quinoa, black beans and veggies packed into Portobello mushroom cups. This dish can be successfully served as main or appetizer. Tastes great topped with mashed avocado and a side of crispy corn nachos. Fun looking, colorful and always a huge crowd pleaser. Rich in flavor and ready to be served in less than 30 minutes!