Mexican-Style Stuffed Portobellos Recipe
- Deep skillet
- Small bowl
- Baking tray
- 4 Portobello mushroom cups
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Avocado
- ½ Red onion (diced)
- ½ Red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Chopped jalapeño pepper
- ½ cup Canned black beans (rinsed/drained)
- ½ cup Canned sweet corn (rinsed/drained)
- 1 cup Cooked quinoa
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Cumin powder
- ½ cup Vegan shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- ⅛ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Sea salt
- 1Arrange mushrooms on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, remove stems and gills from mushroom cups and set aside.
- 2Heat olive oil in a deep skillet. Add onions, bell pepper and jalapeños. Sauté for about 5 minutes or until cooked through, but still a bit crunchy.
- 3Remove skillet from the heat. Add quinoa, black beans, sweet corn, salt, garlic powder and cumin. Mix to combine.
- 4Stuff mushroom cups with quinoa black bean filling. Bake at 375°F for 12 minutes.·Top with shredded vegan cheddar, return to oven and broil for 2 minutes.
- 5Add avocado, salt, pepper and lemon juice to a bowl or deep plate. Mash with a fork.·Serve on top of stuffed mushrooms.
Flavor-packed Vegan Mexican-Style Stuffed Portobellos
Healthy, satisfying, and brimming with flavor, you need to add this stunning vegan Mexican-style stuffed portobello cup recipe to your weekly dinner rotation. Within 25 minutes, you’ll have all the flavors in your favorite Mexican dishes dancing on your taste buds and the pleasure of enjoying a wholesome homemade meal.
The recipe isn’t just good for vegans – the fantastic flavors and nutrient-rich ingredients in this dish make it a winner for everyone. Serve these portobello cups as an appetizer or pile two on your plate to star as the main event for lunch or dinner.
While they’re easy to make, there’s nothing basic about the flavors in these delectable loaded portobellos. Avocado, quinoa, black beans, and corn come together with onion, red bell pepper, and spicy jalapeño. Healthy spices like cumin and garlic powder add a punch of flavor, while a spritz of lemon lifts the ingredients, adding a wonderful bit of zest. The result is an all-around nutritious meal that will keep you full of energy. If you can’t get enough of those irresistible Mexican flavors, be sure to check out this butternut squash burrito bowl recipe.
Still have a little room to spare? After dinner, you can treat yourself to a little chocolate avocado pudding. It’s rich and decadent, yet healthy and completely vegan.
If you find yourself short on time to dedicate to cooking, we offer a fully flexible vegan meal delivery. Whether you’re fully committed to a plant-based diet or are simply trying to eat less meat, our organic whole food meals will help you keep healthy and feeling your best throughout the week.