Buffalo Cauliflower Chickpea Tacos Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Large bowl
- 1 small Cauliflower (whole)
- 10 tbsp Vegan buffalo sauce
- 15 oz Canned chickpeas
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ¼ cup Vegan Ranch dressing
- 12 Taco-sized corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp Fresh parsley leaves (optional)
- ¼ cup Chopped celery (optional)
- 1Chop cauliflower into small pieces.·Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, chickpeas, buffalo sauce, salt, pepper, and olive oil.·Mix so that the sauce covers all pieces of cauliflower.
- 3Transfer cauliflower mixture to a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.·Turn broiler on high for 3-5 more minutes or until cauliflower and chickpeas are crunchy to your liking.
- 4Assemble your tacos. Add some cauliflower mixture and top with vegan ranch, an extra drizzle of buffalo sauce.·Optional: top with parsley leaves and chopped celery.
Taco Tuesday Gets a New Look
Taco Tuesday gets a new look with vegan buffalo cauliflower chickpea tacos! This tasty dish takes just 30 minutes to make, and is bursting with bold flavor. Each serving has 13 grams of healthy fats and 11 grams of protein nestled among meaty roasted cauliflower, slightly crunchy chickpeas, vegan ranch dressing, and crisp celery.
Cauliflower is high in antioxidants and fiber.
Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable known to be high in fiber and antioxidants that is a fantastic replacement for meat in many situations, and especially in this buffalo cauliflower chickpea tacos recipe.
Chickpeas are a great source of plant protein and iron.
Chickpeas are high in selenium, iron, and magnesium – all things that contribute to heart health. Both of these ingredients are transformed into having depths of flavor by roasting them with vegan buffalo sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Make sure your buffalo sauce is vegan, as several brands on the market do contain dairy. Our favorite is New Primal Buffalo Sauce because the flavor is amazing, and it comes in varying degrees of heat. The spice in this dish is cut by a hearty drizzle of vegan ranch dressing, like this one made with avocado oil from Primal Kitchen.
This buffalo cauliflower chickpea tacos recipe is a great dish for meal prepping. The cauliflower and chickpea mixture reheats nicely. All you have to do is keep the components of the taco separate and just assemble when you’re ready to devour.
Tip for reheating your tortillas: wet a couple of paper towels and squeeze out the majority of the liquid. The paper towels should still be slightly damp. Then, wrap your tortillas in damp paper towels and microwave for 30 seconds or until warm and pliable. Voila! Tacos just as new!
To decrease the amount of time it takes to prepare this dish, feel free to use fresh cauliflower florets if your grocery store sells them. If you are in even more of a rush, consider trying our vegan meal delivery plan to get a variety of pre-made vegan meals delivered to you weekly.