Cauliflower Dinner Rolls Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Food processor
- 2 tbsp Golden flaxseed meal
- 5 tbsp Water
- ¾ cup Frozen riced cauliflower
- ⅔ cup Almond flour
- 2 tbsp Psyllium husk powder
- 1 tbsp Tapioca starch
- ¾ tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 2 ½ tbsp Avocado oil
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1In a small bowl, combine flaxseed meal with water. Stir and then let thicken into a gel for 5 minutes.·Preheat oven to 350℉ and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2While flaxseed is thickening, add frozen riced cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a towel and microwave for 4 minutes, until cauliflower is tender.·Make sure cooked cauliflower rice equals ¾ cup.
- 3Add cooked cauliflower rice, almond flour, psyllium husk powder, tapioca starch, kosher ½ tsp salt, baking powder, avocado oil, flax eggs, and apple cider vinegar to a food processor.·Blend until a dough forms.
- 4Shape dough into rolls. Brush lightly with avocado oil and sprinkle with remaining salt.·Place on a baking sheet and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown and firm. Let cool and then enjoy!
You Won’t Believe This Isn’t Real Bread
Dinner rolls have always been a well-received appetizer and side dish, but sadly there are those who simply cannot indulge, due to dietary restrictions like gluten and dairy allergies. So, if you or someone you know has experienced major FOMO every time a soft, steaming dinner roll is split open and devoured, here’s a super easy vegan and keto cauliflower dinner roll recipe that should help you cope.
What’s great about this cauliflower dinner roll recipe is the simplicity – you can just throw all your ingredients in the food processor to form the dough. This recipe is keto-friendly, thanks to the addition of psyllium husk powder, which is high in fiber and low in carbs and excellent for digestive health. With the incorporation of tapioca starch and almond flour, along with psyllium husk powder, these rolls can really achieve a bread-like consistency.
This cauliflower dinner roll recipe also calls for the use of flax eggs instead of real eggs, which makes it vegan-friendly. Pro tip: flax eggs are made by mixing flaxseed meal with water in a small bowl and stirring until the mixture thickens. We typically do 1 tbsp flaxseed plus 2.5 tbsp water. Flax eggs are an excellent source of fiber and are also considered a cholesterol-free food.
Next, tenderize ¾ cup of cauliflower rice in the microwave. Once cooked, add almond flour, psyllium husk powder, tapioca starch, kosher salt, baking powder, avocado oil, flax eggs, and apple cider vinegar to your food processor and blend until the dough begins to form. Shape the dough into rolls and bake until golden brown. With only 4g net carbs per roll, and about 219 calories per serving, these cauliflower dinner rolls can also be used as buns for sliders, or toasted to replace a bagel and cream cheese.
So, whether you’re looking for a simple snack, or have been craving that fresh-out-the-oven dinner roll moment, enjoy these cauliflower dinner rolls – a great addition to any keto meal plan.