BBQ Beyond Meat Stuffed Portobellos Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Large pan
- Oven-safe baking dish
- Aluminum foil (or lid to baking dish)
- 6 Portobello mushroom caps
- 16 oz Beyond Meat ground beef
- ½ cup Diced bell pepper
- ¼ cup Diced onion
- ¾ cup Vegan shredded mozzarella
- ¾ cup Keto and vegan-friendly BBQ sauce
- 1 ½ tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp Ground pepper
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Parsley (optional)
- 1Remove stems and gills from Portobello mushrooms.·Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes.·Add bell pepper and continue to sauté for 2-3 more minutes or until onion is translucent.
- 3Add Beyond Meat and brown. Add salt, pepper, and ½ cup keto-friendly BBQ sauce, stir to combine.·Cook for 2-3 more minutes or until sauce begins to thicken and meat is done.
- 4Brush Portobello mushrooms with remaining ¼ cup BBQ sauce. Sprinkle a pinch of cheese onto the Portobello mushroom.·Top with Beyond Meat mixture and more mozzarella cheese.
- 5Cover with foil and bake for 12 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender and cheese is soft.·Remove foil and bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
A New Way to Eat BBQ
Look no further than this BBQ Beyond Meat Stuffed Portobellos recipe for a hearty and filling vegan dinner that’s also keto-friendly! Each serving clocks in at 334 calories, with 10 grams net carbs, 23 grams of fat, and 20 grams of plant-based protein. It doesn’t get much better than an easy weeknight meal that requires less than ten ingredients and only 35 minutes of your time! This recipe also makes five servings, which means there is plenty to make at once and portion out for meals throughout the week.
Portobello mushrooms are the vessel for deliciousness in this recipe, while also bringing high nutritional value to the table. They are rich in B vitamins like riboflavin and niacin, full of the brain healthy mineral selenium, in addition to having anti-inflammatory properties. Portobello mushrooms are also full of umami, which lends to their remarkable ability to mimic the flavors of meat. They are also low in carbohydrates and high in dietary fiber, making them a perfect addition to any keto meal plan, especially one that is plant-based.
The filling for this BBQ Beyond Meat Stuffed Portobellos recipe is a tasty mixture of Beyond Meat ground “beef” with sauteed onions and bell pepper, finished off simply with some salt, pepper, and keto-friendly BBQ sauce. If you are vegan, make sure you find a vegan-friendly BBQ sauce as well. You would be surprised how many brands have animal products in them.
The vegan and keto-friendly BBQ sauce thickens up nicely after a few minutes on the stove, making the Beyond Meat mixture thick, saucy, and full of flavor, with a bit of crunch from perfectly cooked bell peppers. Don’t forget a healthy portion of vegan shredded mozzarella cheese to give this recipe some extra creaminess. If you are okay with dairy products, feel free to use real cheese! If you are plant-based, we recommend Violife brand.