Almond Butter Cold Brew Cauliflower Oats Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Small pot
- 12 oz Frozen riced cauliflower
- ½ cup Cold brew coffee
- ½ cup Unsweetened plant-based milk
- ¼ cup Almond butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp Liquid stevia (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp Chia seeds
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 1Add frozen riced cauliflower to a small pan over medium heat and stir. Defrost for about 5 minutes.
- 2Add cold brew coffee, plant-based milk, almond butter, vanilla extract, liquid stevia, kosher salt, and chia seeds to riced cauliflower. Stir to combine.
- 3Bring mixture to a boil. Once boiling, turn heat down to low. Simmer for 8-10 minutes or until liquid has been absorbed. Stir occasionally.·When done, option to top with almond butter, unsweetened shredded coconut, and keto-friendly chocolate.
Just Like The Oatmeal You’ve Always Known But Keto
When you think of a lot of classic breakfast dishes, many of them are carb-based, typically meaning it’s hard to incorporate them into a keto-friendly diet. But we’ve found a way to at least get our oatmeal craving while sticking to the rules: cauliflower “oats.” You would be surprised how riced cauliflower mimics the taste and texture of oats, especially when mixed with great flavors like cold brew coffee and almond butter. These keto, paleo, and vegan-friendly almond butter, cold brew, cauliflower oats are 337 calories per serving, with 23 grams of fat, 13 grams of protein, and only 9 grams of net carbs.
Cold brew coffee and your choice of plant-based milk come together for an amazing latte flavor that is soaked up by the riced cauliflower. Cold brew is an alternative method for making iced coffee that is oftentimes more concentrated but also reduces the acidic content in coffee making it easier on the stomach. The addition of almond butter makes these cold brew cauliflower oats creamy and dreamy, while contributing nutty flavor, potassium, magnesium, and Vitamin E.
To make these almond butter cold brew cauliflower oats keto-friendly, we swapped traditional sweeteners for liquid stevia. Vanilla extract also contributes a hint of sweetness and rounds out the flavor of the dish. Chia seeds are added for an extra protein boost, but they also aid in the thickening of the cauliflower oats and creamy texture we all associate with traditional oatmeal.
You can eat these almond butter cold brew cauliflower oats on their own, or top with keto-friendly toppings like more almond butter, shredded coconut, and stevia-sweetened dark chocolate. This recipe makes two servings – perfect to make for you and another, or to store in the fridge to be reheated and enjoyed as part of your weekly keto meal plan.