Easy Tempeh Chili Recipe
by Analiese Trimber
- Large pot
- 2 tbsp Avocado oil
- ½ cup Diced green onion
- 9 oz Tempeh
- ⅔ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp Oregano
- ¾ tsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp Ground cumin
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- ½ tsp Smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp Red pepper flakes
- 15 oz Diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 ½ tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups Vegetable stock
- ½ cup Canned black lentils
- 1In a large pot, heat olive oil. Add diced green onion and saute for 5-6 minutes, until soft.
- 2Add tempeh, salt, pepper, oregano, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes.·Break tempeh apart with a spoon and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly softened.
- 3Add fire-roasted tomatoes, tomato paste, and vegetable stock. Stir to combine, then cover with lid, turn heat down to medium low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Stir in lentils. Cover and simmer for an additional 5 minutes. Serve!
Because Vegans Love Chili, Too
Nothing says comfort food like a hot bowl of chili! Because everyone deserves this traditional classic, we made a simple vegan and keto-friendly version – easy tempeh chili! With only 200 calories and 9g net carbs per serving, impress yourself with a crafty culinary creation your stomach will thank you for later.
This is by far the simplest chili recipe we’ve cooked up. It’s ready in under 30 minutes and doesn’t skimp on flavor in the slightest! We opted for tempeh as our protein as opposed to ground turkey, to make this chili fit for anyone following a plant-based meal plan. Whether you are newly vegan or a veteran, you are sure to enjoy the versatile benefits of tempeh as a great source of protein, vitamins, prebiotics, and minerals. Tempeh supports weight loss, heart and gut health, and it strengthens bones, while staying rich in antioxidants and essential micronutrients.
All you need is one big pot to make this chili! Start off by heating your olive oil and then adding diced green onions to sauté until soft. Did you know green onions have the lowest carb count of all onions? That’s why we chose them for this chili, which is keto-friendly. After adding all the fresh goodies seasoned to perfection, simmer for just 15 minutes to get the same delicious award-winning flavor as a 10-hour chili.
To add some extra plant-based protein and fiber to this dish, we add canned black lentils. Using canned lentils reduces cooking time, and ultimately makes this dish even more convenient.
This comforting vegan and keto-friendly easy tempeh chili recipe serves about five and is ideal for meal prep. Simply divvy up, freeze, and reheat for best results. If you’re looking for a low- calorie, vegan and keto chili recipe that’s tasty enough to win a cook-off, you’ve got it!