Summer is here, and the sun is hot! Spending more time outside during these months, protecting our skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays is more important than ever. While we are on our quest to do so, sometimes we overlook the harmful ingredients that are in some of these sunscreens.
A study done by the Center of Disease Control found that “97% of Americans are contaminated with a widely-used sunscreen ingredient called oxybenzone that has been linked to allergies, hormone disruption, and cell damage.” Thankfully, there are some alternative sunscreen options that are made with natural or non-toxic active ingredients like zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
Here are a few sunscreens that you can feel safe using all summer long!
- Goddess Garden Baby Natural Sunscreen
- JĀSÖN Broad Spectrum Family Variety
- Green Screen Organic SPF20 by Kabana Organic Skincare
- Lavanilla The Healthy Sunscreen SPF30 Body Cream
- Sunology SPF50 Suncreen
- Alba Botanica Very Emollient Mineral Sunscreen
- Kiss My Face Sun Spray Lotion SPF 50
- Nature’s Gate Mineral Sport Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen
- Suntegrity Natural Mineral Sunscreen for Body
- tarte tarteguard 30 sunscreen lotion
- Arbonne Mineral Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30
With the above selection, there is a natural, vegan sunscreen for everyone! Pick one based on your lifestyle and needs and stay safe out there in the sun!