A lot of us wonder how to cleanse your body of toxins. But we don’t like the words “cleanse” or “detox.” They make us think of week-long plans where you can only consume lemon juice and cayenne pepper. Or even worse, they make us purchase an expensive detox set from a drug store and suffer from harsh side effects.
You might cringe at the thought of these options. But how do you cleanse your body of toxins naturally?
Naturally Detox Your Body and Cleanse Your System
The good news is, you don’t have to suffer through a painful detox process. There are actually some healthy detoxifying foods that will naturally cleanse your system.
Before you learn to detox naturally, determine what your goal is. If it’s to maintain balance in your life, add these foods into your everyday diet. But you might be looking for a more serious cleanse, like a reset button on your body’s toxins level. In this case, you might want to dedicate two to four days to primarily consuming these system-cleansing foods.
So without further ado, here are the foods to focus on.
Eat These Foods to Naturally Detox Your Body
- Are rich in vitamin C
- Eliminate bodily toxins
- Boost your immune system
- Help restore your body’s natural pH balance
- Contain anti-cancer compounds that fight cell damage
- Alkalize and flush toxins out of your body.
- Are also full of nutrients.
- Stimulates your liver to produce detoxification enzymes.
- Is high in vitamins
- Neutralizes and eliminates toxins.
- Are high in fiber — 62.5% of the RDA in 1 cup
- Aid in the elimination of toxins
- Lower cholesterol and balance your blood sugar
- Are loaded full of antioxidants and nutrients containing sulfur, which your body needs to detox pharmaceuticals, heavy metals, and environmental toxins.
- Contain minerals and phytochemicals that increase cell oxygen intake
- Help cleanse your liver
- Help repair damaged cell structures
- Stimulates your liver functions.
- Are very high in vitamin C — nearly three times more than oranges.
- Lower cholesterol
- Prevent kidney stones
- Aid your digestive system.
- Keeps potentially harmful free radicals away from your cells
- Energizes the cleansing enzymes in your liver
- Is a natural diuretic
- Increases your liver function
- Flushes impurities and toxins from your body.
- Are easily digestible
- Absorb toxic residue from your intestinal walls.
- Are high in cynarin, a nutrient that increases the production of bile
- Promotes healthy digestion.
- Contain good fats, cancer-fighting compounds, antioxidants, and carotenoids.
Now you know how to cleanse your body of toxins. If you want a safe, healthy way to naturally detox your body, these foods are your best options.