That afternoon snackish feeling tends to hit us all around 3:00pm, am I right? Well, when that happens, in order to refrain from visiting the vending machine or reaching for an unhealthy candy bar or chips, it is important to have some healthy snacks on hand.
Here are some ideas for healthy snacks to keep you on track:
- One of my favorites is a homemade trail mix. You can come up with a ton of different mixtures and make a snack bag for each day!
- Pistachios, 2 dates chopped up, blueberries and almonds.
- Pistachios, raspberries and dried apricots.
- Pistachios, pomegranate arils and dark chocolate chips
- Almonds, dried goji berries, shredded sweetened coconut, cashews
- Almonds, pistachios, sunflower seeds, walnuts, raisins, and dark chocolate chips
- Celery & almond butter boats + top them with some raisins
- Organic, hormone-free jerky
- Raw pumpkin seeds (you can roast them yourself at home!)
- Raw organic carrots & snap peas with organic (low-sodium) hummus
- No-bake protein balls (1 1/2 tbsp nut butter, 3 tbsp oats, 1/2 tbsp honey, 1/2 tbsp dark chocolate chips, rolled into balls)
- Homemade chia pod (1/4 cup chia seeds, 1 cup almond milk, 1 tsp cacao powder)
- Roasted chickpeas (3/4 cup chickpeas roasted for 20 to 30 minutes with 1 tablespoon each olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper)
In the afternoon, it is also a great idea to pair your snacks with some green or peppermint tea. Green tea is loaded with powerful antioxidants, and will give you a bit of a wake up without the jitters like coffee can do to some. Peppermint tea is great for the digestive system or any stomach bloating. It also helps to relax you and reduce stress.
Fresh n’ Lean also has some delicious and healthy snacks, which you can easily order for delivery with your meals. Some our the snacks include BBQ roasted almonds, garlic rosemary almonds, cinnamon male almonds, lemon chilli almonds, thai chilli sesame chips, chipotle lime and tomato basil chips. All of our snacks are organic, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free! Check out all of our delicious and healthy snacks on our a la carte menu here.