Avocados head the list of healthy fruits, although they are often categorized as a vegetable since they taste so great in salads. On a vegan diet or not avocados are a healthy snack, they contain good fats, are linked to reduce the risk of chronic diseases, and rank as a “superfood”. Since they’re typically eaten fresh, their important nutrients aren’t lost in processing or heating.
Need a quick use for a ripe avocado? Check out these easy ways to eat a delectable avocado.
- Mash half an avocado with a fork and spread it on whole-grain bread or toast for a quick nourishing breakfast.
- Top baked potatoes with avocado butter, made by mashing a ripe avocado with one tablespoon of lemon or lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Garnish vegetable, fruit, and whole grain salads with diced avocado and then toss gently to mix.
- Stuff avocado halves with brown rice and olives.
- Top whole grain crackers with thick slices of avocado and smoked salmon to create a delicious party appetizer.
- Combine avocados with berries, apples and mango chunks for a tasty fruit salad.
- Create a deliciously different salsa by combining diced avocado, chopped tomatoes, corn kernels, chopped cilantro, pepper and cayenne.
- Add diced avocado, diced bell pepper and sliced scallions to cooked pasta.
- Put sliced avocado in wraps and sandwiches.
- Slice avocado with lemon or lime juice to bring out its flavors and add to a bed of lettuce.
Link to: Home – Fresh N Lean A healthy meal doorstep delivery service
Link back : Blog Post